[Gambas-user] Restructuring the official Gambas examples

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Tue Apr 30 16:37:36 CEST 2013

2013/4/30 Tobias Boege <taboege at ...626...>

> On Mon, 29 Apr 2013, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> > I have never found the time to write good examples so you have my full
> > blessing.
> >
> > Just don't work directly on the current examples
> > (/trunk/examples/example). Just create a new directory
> > ('/trunk/examples/src' for... example) where you will store all the
> > example projects, with the structure you want. Once done, I will modify
> > the IDE to point at the new structure.
> >

> I merely thought of just adding a Niveau=X token to the .project file of
> examples. This would require minimal changes to the actual directory
> structure because this grouping of projects by topic shall persist. I would
> rather change the default *sorting* within these groups to ascend in their
> Niveau values and display the niveau level somewhere around the example's
> description (in bold).
>
> Since the IDE happens to parse each example's .project anyway to display
> other information this imposes no huge extra costs and can be turned off if
> someone wants (an extra RadioButton or two to select the sorting scheme
> will
> be needed, though).
>
> I think just a special file in the example project will be sufficient.

like

[Example]
Level=Beginner
KeyWords=RadioButton, TreeView, Printer
Description="This is an example about how to use some control and print the
result."
Description[FR]="Voici un exemple de comment...etc"
Description[ES]="hola... etc"
Description[IT]="salve"

Then we can add a special form in the ide to manage the examples with this
file, so examples can be sorted, searchable,

Each examples must be Fully documented using internal help.

> If anyone can imagine a better/more explicit/more elegant (visual) solution
> to this problem, I'm all ears.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi
>
> PS: Benoit, to set the niveau level in the first place, it may be best to
>     add another kind of projects to the "New Project" dialog: examples.
>     Opinions?

Fabien Bodard