[Gambas-user] secure payment processing

Sun Apr 28 06:34:27 CEST 2013

What does everyone think about a component or functionality to securely
process payments through third parties such as PayPal, Amazon, Google
Checkout, etc.? I'm guessing that PayPal, etc., offer APIs to allow
various programming languages to integrate payment, but otherwise am
extremely ignorant on the subject.

I've been programming a MMORPG in GAMBAS for the last three years or so
that will require a $0.99 payment for an extra life (should you die),
and I'd like to handle transactions in-game rather than through the web
for customer convenience. Any information on how this could be
accomplished would be extremely helpful.

Also, while slightly off-topic, I'd like to know if there is anything I
need to watch out for with respect to processing payments. People are
regularly killed for $20 and information security these days is a mine
field, so I really don't want to be responsible for doing something
stupid that leads to headlines about a security breach or the like.
Thanks all.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues