[Gambas-user] Smtp property Alternative - How to use?

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Thu Apr 18 15:17:12 CEST 2013

Does someone know how to use SmtpClient.Alternative

Documentation says:
--------------
PROPERTY Alternative AS Boolean

Returns or sets if mail attachments are actually different alternatives
of the same data. For example, a mail encoded in HTML, in UTF-8, or only
in ASCII.

By default, this property is FALSE. You must define it before using the
Add method.
--------------

I have an attachment in plain text with tabs used.
If Windows mail clients receive the attachment the tabs are not shown as
should be (data is placed much further apart in Windows where the tabs
are). I suppose this has to do with the original attachment using UTF-8
and Windows clients using ASCII.

Could Alternative be the solution I am looking for?
If so, I don't understand how to implement this.
How do I define this. An example would help

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)

http://gambasshowcase.org/