[Gambas-user] Mysql connection loose country language preferences

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Apr 11 22:18:59 CEST 2013

Le 11/04/2013 12:36, Jorge Carrión a écrit :
> A few weeks ago I post a comment about a bug in gb-db-mysql (I guess) about
> the loosing of language preferences after de time-out close connection of
> mysql server. The solution aparently was to increase the time-out in the
> server but, if the time-out is too big, then my application hangs after a
> unindetermined amount of time...
> I back to decrease the time-out of server and the application doesn't hangs
> any more... but the language preferences are loosed again.
> I've read somewhere that this bug have been fixed in 3.4.0 version of
> Gambas3, but I've installed de 3.4.1 of the Nemh Repositories and the bug
> is not fixed.
> What can I do? I'm Spanish and all my databases are in UTF-8 general... my
> clients are very angry with me... help, please.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards

Each time a mysql database connection is opened, a "set names utf8"
command is sent to the mysql server.

If your connection is closed by the server, then you should get an error
on the client at the next command. Then, either you abort the
application, either you manage the error by opening the connection
again. Then, the "set names utf8" is emitted again, so I don't
understand how the "language preferences" could be lost.

So please be give more details of what you call "language preferences".
Or better create a little project example with a little database that
allows me to reproduce your problem on my computer.

Benoît Minisini