[Gambas-user] IconView bug on LXDE 0.5.11

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Wed Apr 3 17:05:01 CEST 2013

On Mon, 2013-03-18 at 19:30 +0100, Willy Raets wrote:
> When running a Gambas application using gb.qt4 on Lubuntu 12.10 with
> LXDE 0.5.11 IconView shows black.
> Using gb.gui or gb.gtk poses no problems, IconView shows normal.
>
> Problem is ONLY with LXDE 0.5.11, previous version of Lubuntu 12.04 with
> LXDE 0.5.8 shows the IconView normal. So does LXDE 0.5.10 on a Fedora
> box. Tested Xubuntu 12.10 with Xfce 0.4.10 as well, no problem there.
>
> On LXDE 0.5.11 I tested with both Gambas 3.4 and Gambas 3.4 rev. #5582
>
> Attached a source code archive with an example.
>
> System specification of the Lubuntu 12.10 LXDE 0.5.10 (in VM) are:
> [System]
> OperatingSystem=Linux
> Kernel=3.5.0-25-generic
> Architecture=x86
> Distribution=Ubuntu 12.10
> Desktop=LXDE
> Theme=QGtk
> Language=en_US.UTF-8
> Memory=1003M
>
> [Libraries]
> GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0
> GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.13
> Poppler=libpoppler.so.28.0.0
> Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.3
> SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4
>
> Note: A user on Lubuntu 12.10 discovered this problem in one of my
> applications and he wasn't running in VM, so it is not VM releated.

This problem with IconView occured on Lubuntu 12.10 - LXDE 0.5.12 first.
Now recently I had a bug report from a guy who recently installed
Lubuntu 12.04 - LXDE 0.5.8 with the same problem -> IconView is blacked
out.

Strangely enought I have two Lubuntu 12.04 - LXDE 0.5.8 installed where
the problem doesn't occur. They where installed 1/2 year ago and kept
updated.

I have two recently installs of Lubuntu 12.04 - LXDE 0.5.8 on end user
systems where the problem occurs as well.

So it seems all recent Lubuntu installs as of 12.04 have the problem
with the IconView.

So I made a little IconView tester to test the troubled Lubuntu 12.10.
When running it with gb.qt4 IconView blacks out
When running it with gb.gtk IconView works as expected

Next I tested on a troubled Lubuntu 12.04 to run the gtk version of
IconView and it works, the qt4 version doesn't.

So the problem seems to be gb.qt4 related.
Themes on ALL Lubuntu systems is QGtk.(those working and those not
working with gb.gt4 IconViewTest)

Tested with Gambas 3.4.0 and 3.4.0 both rev#5598 and rev#5608

Attached:
- Screenshot with gb.gtk used on Lubuntu 12.10
- Screenshot with gb.qt4 used on Lubuntu 12.10
- Source Archive of IconViewTester

Source Archive is set to gb.gtk (the working version)
Run once with gb.gtk next set to component gb.qt4 and run again to see
the difference.

Note: All my Lubuntu 12.04 that have been installed over 1/2 a year ago
work with both versions
All recently installed Lubuntu 12.04 work with only gb.gtk version.

If more information is needed just let me know.
The Lubuntu 12.10 specification are in previous post (see above).

The application I have this problem in is using gb.qt4.webkit so it has
to use gb.qt4 (since there is no gb.gtk.webkit -> why not actually?)
else I could simply solve my problem by switching to gb.gtk

Thanks..
--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)