[Gambas-user] Forbid DataSource to fetch certain fields

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Sep 30 11:48:20 CEST 2012

> >> DataSource can take a SQL request instead of a table. But then you
> >> cannot modify the records.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Beno?t Minisini
> >
> > Bruce, clever idea. That's certainly feasible but a workaround.
> > Benoit, is there any reason there is no such DataSource.Columns As String[]?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
> >

> Because using your own SQL request is more powerful.
>
> --
> Beno?t Minisini

Could you please elaborate on that? I don't understand how to do it. Do you
mean I could use:

DataSource.Table = "SELECT id,title FROM my_table" ' instead of "my_table"

If you say that one couldn't modify records when using their own SQL it may
be more powerful in that one case but limiting in the other... Do I get that
right?

Regards,
Tobi