[Gambas-user] Stretching an image As Image

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sat Sep 29 18:58:10 CEST 2012

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012, Ru Vuott wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'ld like to insert an image into a gridview cell.
> Since the image is larger than the cell, I would like to reduce it by "stretching":
>
> *******
> Public Sub .........()
>
>  Dim p As Picture
>  Dim i As New Image
>
>   i = i.Load("my_image")
>
>   With GridView1[0, 0]
>      i.Stretch(.W, .H)
>      p = i.Picture
>    .Picture = p
>   End With

> End
>
> but the image is not stretched !   Why ?
>
> Thanks
> vuottt

Have a look at the exact signature of Image.Stretch():

Function Stretch ( Width As Integer, Height As Integer ) As Image

It is not a method in the common sense in that it modifies the object it is
called on but it instead *returns* a new stretched version of that object.

Regards,
Tobi