[Gambas-user] TableView Data from database

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Sat Sep 29 12:38:29 CEST 2012

On Fri, 2012-09-28 at 20:11 -0700, rocko wrote:
> Ok that makes a little more sense.
> But I have some questions.
>
> Do I have to use a TableView?
Well that depends on whether you want to have some sort of display of
the data at all.  If you just want to update the data, say on a daily
basis, then you can just use the result cursor itself.  There is no need
to display result!myfield if all you want to do is change its' value.

> Originally I used DataView but that displays all
> the fields in the database, I just want to use some
> of the fields if certain conditions apply, like
> if the 'Days Left' field is less than 20 days.
>
> Then if so display just 4 fields in a separate
> Dataview/TableView.
OK, I think I got the idea of what you are trying to do.  Just to
confirm, is it:
a) load a result cursor with a set of records where 'Days Left' is less
than 20 days
b) display that set of rows to the user in some way
c) make some sort of update to the data displayed (I'm still not sure
here as your example code does not seem to show any update?)
d) At some point, update the data back to the database.

d) is somewhat worrying as you said "when the form opens".  I think
there is still some sort of requirement you haven't revealed here?

> Now exactly what is the 'idx' variable you used?
> Is it just an integer used to count thru the loop.
Yes

> I ask cause I tried your example and it's not working.
> I don't get any error's, just the TableView is not being
> filled with any data.
The example was just a "skeleton" code, you need to fill it out with all
the things you need to do to
a) display the data
b) change the data
c) update the data, and