[Gambas-user] Embeded HTTP server

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Fri Sep 28 21:00:01 CEST 2012

Le Fri, 28 Sep 2012 08:22:04 +0200,
wally <wally at ...2037...> a écrit :

> How can i use it and take advantage of this feature if i do not know
> all the details ?
> e.g.
> can i run a gmbas project using gb.httpd on PC1 (or raspberry) and
> access the running project via http from another machine PC2 ?

I finally get it working on my local website.
I just enabled Apache's reverse proxy feature, so that the calls to my
old gambas cgi are redirected to the Gambas server running my project.

Just add the following lines to your httpd.conf :

<VirtualHost *:80>
ProxyPass /path/to/your.gambas.cgi http://localhost:8000/
ProxyPassReverse /path/to/your.gambas.cgi http://localhost:8000/
</VirtualHost>

On Friday 28 September 2012 01:06:57 Benoît Minisini wrote:

> gb.httpd is intended to serve only what is inside the project. I
> think it could be modified so that it serves static files located
> inside the project without running the CGI script.

I don't know if it is a good idea, because if I put all my static files
inside the project, they all will be loaded each time my CGI script is
called, right ?