[Gambas-user] Faults on new Project name

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Sep 24 08:45:25 CEST 2012

Le 21/09/2012 16:51, John Rose a écrit :
> I've taken an existing project and done Save As with a new project
> name. I've then amended this new project including setting the
> Project Properties' Title & Description. I've added a new icon for
> the app into the project's Data section (of the IDE) by right
> clicking Data etc. However, when I Make Installation Package (of the
> new project) for Ubuntu and install the resultant .deb, the icon in
> /usr/share/pixmaps still displays as the old project's image even
> though its name is newprojectname.png as per the name in the Data
> section. Why does the icon's image not change on installation even
> though I changed it?

Apparently you didn't change the icon in the new project. You do it by
clicking on the big icon button in the first tab of the project property
dialog.

> Also, the entry in the Main Menu (for launching the new app) is not
> generated by .gdebi. Why is this?

I don't know, it should. I will test the package on my Ubuntu...

> I tried to keep the same parameters when doing the Make as per the
> old project: Groups - database for the Package Groups window, though
> there was no entry for the Other group (in Applications) for the Menu
> Entry window so I selected Programming. Why do entries listed in the
> Menu Entry window not match those in Ubuntu's Main Menu
> Applications?

The menu groups listed in the dialog are defined there:
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/menu-policy/ch2.html#s2.1

Then you have the "categories" on the bottom of the dialog, that you can
actually change independently of the menu group.

I don't know how Ubuntu translates the menu group defined there into the
actual menu hierarchy.

If anyone has an idea?

--
Benoît Minisini