[Gambas-user] test build of 3.3.0

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ...247...
Sun Sep 23 22:39:51 CEST 2012

On 23/09/2012, Tobias Boege <taboege at ...626...> wrote:
> I successfully built the main/ directory from untouched trunk/ and
> tags/3.3.0/ trees. Where do you get your sources from? Do you mean an RPM
> or
> a gcc 'spec file'? The former, I wouldn't know what to do with, sorry. In
> this case, if I were you and knew RPM, I would try a pristine source tree
> and trace the error from there on.
>
> Maybe there is something we can see from a non-beautified make,
> nevertheless?:
>
> [gambas3-3.3.0]$ cd main/lib/data; V=1 make
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

Hi Tobias,
As you know now I was trying to build the pre-release 3.3.0 from
Benoît's tar.bz2, but the spec file I referred to is the RPM spec file
from the Mageia 2 rpm for gambas3-3.1.1. With the new gambas
components in the 3.3.0 release and the possibility that some
additional libraries would be needed I thought it would be a good idea
to start with the older release and see if any of the wiki's build
instructions might need to be updated.

That said, I can see that your suggestion to try a "naked" build from
within a problem directory is an excellent idea and one I hadn't
thought of. Thank you.

Richard