[Gambas-user] How do I replace Image transparent background with a white background?

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ...247...
Wed Sep 19 03:29:00 CEST 2012

I understand, at least enough to get rid of the ragged effect. Now
both qt4 and gtk versions use PaintImage with virtually identical
smooth results. _That_ is a result.

I had been using the image installed as a picture on FLogo in order to
access it easily from FMain by using  Flogo.Picture.Image. That was
mistake number 1.

Mistake number 2 was, if I understand you correctly, that as soon as
the hImage.Picure is installed as FLogo.Picture, the damage has been
done anyway.

So what I have now is a public Image called Final_Render which is
assigned from the hImage local variable I have been procesing, just
before assigning  hImage.Picture to FLogo.Picture. Now FMain routines
can get access to the "pure" image as FLogo.Final_Render.

I have also changed the Save routine so that it saves
FLogo.Final_Render instead of FLogo.Picture (which was mistake number
3).

I will take some time to tinker with this until I have a more complete
understanding, but for now I think it is safest for me not to use ANY
Picture method on an important Image unless I have a safe copy of it.

I have learned a lot from you in sorting through this problem. My task
now is to try and remember it all :-)

Thank you again, again.

Richard