[Gambas-user] How do I replace Image transparent background with a white background?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Sep 17 12:51:37 CEST 2012

Le 17/09/2012 12:46, RICHARD WALKER a écrit :
> Benoît,
> Sorry for the delay in "confirming" my findings with your PaintImage
> version of my problem's solution. Sadly it took me hours (and more
> hours) to get it working. I tried all sorts of tricks to make it
> produce an undistorted/uncorrupted version on the clipboard of the
> rendered image but nothing worked.
>
> Finally, this morning after a long brisk walk back from the garage
> where my car is getting its annual service today, it occurred to me to
> try changing the GB_GUI environment variable. That did the trick. It
> works perfectly when using gb.qt4 and doesn't when using gb.gtk.
>
> Sadly that is not an easy option for me because using gb.qt4 breaks
> the auto-resizing of the fontchooser thing which works differently
> with gb.gtk. To benefit from the superior results of the PaintImage
> method I must use gb.qt4 and find a way to persuade the qt4
> fontchooser thing to adjust its txtExample TextBox height to
> accommodate larger font sizes without encroaching on the Family, Style
> and Size controls (or disable it altogether as I can use my rendered
> image as the font size "preview").
>
> ...meanwhile, hours later, ... I have decided to go with qt4 and try
> to fix the resizing problem - or catch it with a panic button.
>
> Richard

If it does not work with gb.gtk, then it is a bug. But if you don't give
me a little test project that reproduces it, I won't be able to fix it.
I need it because I have to see what you are doing *exactly* (the bug
may not be a direct consequence of using PaintImage).

If you have other differences between gb.qt4 and gb.gtk, please report
them! They are bugs too, except for very specific things that cannot be
made the same between the two components.

Thanks in advance.

Benoît Minisini