[Gambas-user] How do I replace Image transparent background with a white background?

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ...247...
Sun Sep 16 17:55:36 CEST 2012

I have hacked the OnScreenDisplay example project to allow me to
display user-entered text instead of the time, and to permit
interactive tweaking of colours and depth of 3D effect and font size.

I also added a way to save the result to a png file and now I am
trying to copy it to the clipboard as well.

The trouble is that when I paste the result into, for example, a
Libreoffice Writer page, the alpha channel displays as black.

If, instead, I insert the saved png then the background is transparent.

What I want to do is temporarily convert the image so that instead of
being transparent it has a white background when copied to the
clipboard.

Any ideas?

Richard