[Gambas-user] New IDE welcome screen

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Wed Sep 12 03:35:49 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-11 at 18:35 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 11/09/2012 14:36, Bruce a écrit :
> > Far be it from me to complain, but isn't 17 seconds (seems like a week
> > or two) for the Welcome screen to load with the odd 200 or so projects
> > that I have opened in the last week, a bit tedious?
> >
> > I mean, it is quite beautiful and all that, but I am really only
> > interested in todays and yesterdays.
> >
> > Oh and by the way, has anyone tried to open another project in a new
> > window?
> >
> > Quite tired and getting conceivably emotional,
> > Bruce
> >

> The maximum number of recent projects is 100. And it takes a few seconds
> on my computer to display the welcome screen.
OK, I didn't count them :-)

> So I don't understand how it can takes 17 seconds on your machine: is it
> so slow?
No its not slow. I have now timed it properly and it is just over 17
seconds.  Could it be that we use the project Properties Description
field as a changelog and a lot of the projects have very long
descriptions?  By comparison the Examples list loads in under a second.

> As for opening a project in another window, I have committed a fix for
> that. But I don't know if it fixes what you are talking about.
OK, Will check. (It just didn't work, returning a message "Unable to
find Gambas IDE executable in directory:

/usr/local/bin")

Bruce