[Gambas-user] DrawArea gtk versus qt4 problems rev. #5146

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Sep 11 01:59:00 CEST 2012

Le 11/09/2012 01:55, Willy Raets a écrit :
> On di, 2012-09-11 at 01:49 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> Le 11/09/2012 01:38, Willy Raets a écrit :
>>
>> The Show event is officially raised after the window is visible, but
>> apparently you cannot be sure with Qt.
>>
>> Try to do your animation the first time the Activate event is raised
>> instead.
>
> That worked for me :)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Willy

After having read the Qt source code, I can confirm that the Show event
is raised *before* the window is shown, whereas with GTK+ the event is
raised after X11 has notified that the window *has been* mapped.

Weird...

--
Benoît Minisini