[Gambas-user] Rev 5129+ gb.desktop

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ...247...
Mon Sep 10 02:58:53 CEST 2012

Sorry Bruce, it appeared during a long series of searches for
mimeapps.list and mimeinfo.cache information. I tried to retrace my
footsteps and here is one link which I definitely visited (though it
doesn't look too familiar today) which says the same thing...
http://library.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/stable/mimetypes-registering.html.en

The salient point is in para 2:
[update_desktop_database]...will create a mimeinfo.cache file in the
applications subdirectory for each directory in
$XDG_DATA_HOME:$XDG_DATA_DIRS.

Perhaps a little more persuasive is the relevant man page:

http://www.manpagez.com/man/1/update-desktop-database/

Richard