[Gambas-user] gb3: The program has returned the value: 1

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sun Sep 9 15:08:32 CEST 2012

On zo, 2012-09-09 at 18:56 +0930, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 02:05 -0400, Kevin Fishburne wrote:
> > I get this when running my program:
> >
> > 01:59:43.168 - Initializing network:
> > 01:59:43.169 -   Server Mode: False, Server IP Address: 192.168.0.110,
> > Server Port: 12345
> > 01:59:43.169 - Initializing rendering engine:
> > X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
> >    Major opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
> >    Resource id in failed request:  0x1e0008d
> >    Serial number of failed request:  54
> >    Current serial number in output stream:  55
> >
> > What's strange is that it works fine when running a compiled executable
> > and only shows the error when running in the IDE. This occurred after
> > moving several procedures to their own module and renaming all
> > associated variables and many procedures (organizational modifications).
> >
> > The line where it halts is ".Show()":
> >
> >      ' Create client's screen.
> >      With Screen
> >        .FullScreen = sFullscreen
> >        .Width = sWidth
> >        .Height = sHeight
> >        .Show()
> >      End With
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >

> Benoit,
>
> I am getting similar experiences with some older code that use to "just
> work".

Same here, just took some code from a project and placed in project
Signal11 (see other post).
Nothing wrong in the code, but still it crashes. Works fine on older
revision #5071 (PPA Kendek) and on 3.2.1

> The executable, either compiled recently or a version that was compiled
> some time ago works properly.
> However, running these projects in the IDE just fails with a sig11, no
> trace, no information.

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing these kind of strange problems
with a signal11 in the end :)

> I have so far not managed to categorise anything that is causing the
> fail.
>
> The only thing I have seen, with Willy's example is that the fail (in
> his case) occurs on the Exec call. Even running the IDE within the IDE
> gives no clue as to what is happening.

Just send a valgrind output in another topic, hope this gives you guys
some insight on what is happening.

> The only thing I can suggest is that the debugger is possibly the
> culprit, and that is based on pure conjecture.
>
> hth
> Bruce

Willy