[Gambas-user] Rev 5129+ gb.desktop

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ...247...
Sat Sep 8 02:43:31 CEST 2012

I am guessing the extended search for the mimeapps.list files will
work for Bruce.

I searched in vain for any sign of mimeinfo.cache in any Mageia rpm.
Then I discovered (thankyou Google) that the file is created when you
run update-desktop-database. It would appear that some desktops are
more likely to do this than others.

I now have one such file in /usr/share/applications, but it is the
mimeapps.list file in ~/.local/share/applications which knows about my
preferred application associations. Would it make sense to you to try
for the ~/.local files (mimeapps.list then mimeinfo.cache) first
before falling back on /usr/share or /usr/local/share ?