[Gambas-user] Gambas3 Libraries problem -> Gambas 3 bug or OS distro related?

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sat Sep 1 00:28:20 CEST 2012

On wo, 2012-08-22 at 22:27 +0200, Willy Raets wrote:
> > > OK, the bug should be fixed in revision #5061.
> > >

> I repackaged the library with revision #5069.
> On both Ubuntu and openSuSe the library now installs WITH
> extension .gambas
> I also tested a normal application on my Ubuntu and it installed
> correctly WITHOUT extension .gambas

Today I installed a package made by revision #5071 of a normal
application on Linux Mint 13 Maya (where this revision runs on and with
a Mate desktop)

It installed correctly without .gambas extension in usr/bin
(See attached screenshot 'Mint13Maya-AppInstalled-noextension.png')

When starting the application from the menu nothing happened?
It was in usr/bin and trying to open it from there was no succes either.

What I did notice was that it was known to the system as program
(instead of the usual gambas executable).

Making a .gambas executable from IDE and runing that worked just fine
(and was known as gambas executable).
(See attached screenshot 'Mint13Maya-AppMakeExecutable-with
extension.png')

So the lack of the .gambas extension seems to be confusing for Mint 13
Maya.

So I tried installing on Ubuntu 10.10.
Installed correctly without .gambas extension.
Shows correctly it is a gambas executable
(See attached screenshot 'Ubuntu10.10-AppInstalled-withextension.png')

But when run from menu gives an error!!
(See attached screenshot 'Ubuntu10.10-ErrorAfterStartingFromMenu.png')

When opened in usr/bin application correctly runs.

NOTE: This was the system I tested the revision #5069 normal application
and library on (see post I'm replying to). The one that run correctly.
But I'm afraid it run correctly because I checked it in usr/bin and
opened it from there. Never tried it running from Applications menu!!

So seems the library problem is fixed but a new problem came up for
normal applications!!

> > > Tell me if it is ok for you!
>
> It is ok for me :-)

Not ok anymore :(