[Gambas-user] LXDE

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Wed Oct 24 10:36:09 CEST 2012

On Sat, 2012-10-20 at 15:20 +0200, M. Cs. wrote:
> Funny, but a year ago I've asked the same all question, and I'm facing with
> the same problem again:
> I've just installed Lubuntu 12.10 and the installed gambas3 application's
> icon won't shown up in the menu. I've tried different icon themes, but no
> use. Why this issue with LXDE?
>
> Csaba

OK, I just tried a trick.

in  (my)  ~/.local/share/applications there is a file "gambas3.desktop".
Here, the contents are:
        [Desktop Entry]
        Encoding=UTF-8
        Type=Application
        Name=Gambas 3 IDE
        Name[en_AU]=Gambas 3 IDE
        Icon=/usr/share/icons/gambas3.png
        Exec=/usr/bin/gambas3
        Comment[en_AU]=
        StartupNotify=true
        Categories=Other

Since there is no "Other" category in the (haha) standard LXDE menu
tree, I tried changing the last line to
        Categories=Other,Development

Saved the file and a few milliseconds later... tada!
There it is in More Applications|Development

ymmv

but hth
Bruce