[Gambas-user] Strange new behaviour under 3.3.x series

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ...247...
Sun Oct 21 22:23:41 CEST 2012

I have been chasing phantoms since early Saturday after checking out a
recently successfully completed project built with Gambas 3.1.1.

The most recent "strangeness" appeared a while ago when I re-started
my investigations at a new location with slightly different Gambas
setup.

The IDE startup, after selecting my project, is interrupted by this message:
===================
Cannot open file.

File is a directory
Project.IsTextFile.1791
===================
 I click OK and the project appears to load successfully.

After some editing the IDE refuses certain keyboard input. It is
similar to the experience of trying to edit a project while it is
still running; i.e. cursor can be positioned but no keyboard entry is
accepted.

It is probably just a coincidence, but this is almost the opposite
condition of the phantom I am trying to track down which manifests in
some controls on my project's main form (in the top row of text box,
check box & label) refuse mouse events but will take keyboard input if
TAB key is used to focus the control. I will get back to this one
later (it is only under gb.gtk - gb.qt4 behaves "normally" for all
controls but is otherwise unusable for different reasons).

So, should I be looking for a particular kind of strange file in my
project, or is this error message an indirect consequence of some
other problem?

Richard