[Gambas-user] Controling Gambas with Gambas

Markus Schatten markus.schatten at ...2005...
Fri Oct 19 01:22:50 CEST 2012

Dear all,

is there a way to execute arbitrary statements dynamically in Gambas
(for example from a string)? If I understand correctly Eval only
evaluates expressions, but statements like print or function
definitions cannot be handled that way. What I would like to do is to
provide a scripting interface for my application, e.g. giving users
the opportunity to create a macro in gambas, providing it with
selected objects from the app (a context) and allow them to directly
execute them. Allowing other languages like Python, Ruby, Tcl would be
great as well, but I guess this could be done if I could do the first
part.

Can it be done? Or is there maybe some other way of implementing a
scripting interface?

All the best,

M.

--