[Gambas-user] class overriding is retrospective now

Fabián Flores Vadell fabianfloresvadell at ...626...
Wed Oct 17 18:14:28 CEST 2012

Hi Benoît.

I read you message in the french mailing list about that "class overriding"
is retrospective now, saying more or less this:

If you reimplements a existing class named A, the effect will be
retroactive on other classes already loaded and optimized using the Class A.

Before it was not.

It will, for example, load a library reimplementing one class during the
execution of a program with retroactive effect.

Could you clarify this, please?

* Does this mean that is possible to do hot changes to any class in a
library, i.e. one I using on the current Gambas project?

* Does this includes to classes in components used in the current project?

* And what about classes in my current project? Could I change them while
my program is executing?

* Would be possible change a binary file containing a library to a new
version while a program is executing?

* Classes using the overridden "Class A": Does this includes subclasses and
classes using it as a collaborator (composition)?

* "load a library reimplementing one class during the execution of a
program with retroactive effect": So this is a new feature added to the
instrospective capabilities of Gambas going to be a more reflective
language (a mean reification/intercession).

* Does this apply only to a root class in a hierarchy? Any class in a
hierarchy? Any class even not in a hierarchy?

Excuse me to be as verbose to ask but, you know, my English is poor, so I
never know if, actually, my questions are enough clear.

Regards.

--
Fabián Flores Vadell
www.comoprogramarcongambas.blogspot.com