[Gambas-user] Experiencing a "flicker" when "show"ing a form ...

Gerry Douglas geraldpdouglas at ...626...
Sun Oct 14 19:10:08 CEST 2012

Thanks you Benoît,

I have done some experimentation and this is what I have seen so far ...

If I insert a Wait 0.3 between the Show for the new form and the hide for
the current form it seems to significantly reduce the flicker, which
supports your hypothesis I believe.

If I switch the order and hide the current form, followed by a Wait 0.3,
then Show the new form, the desktop is visible.  I have done this roughly
20 times and every time the order seems to be maintained.

How do I disable desktop composition?