[Gambas-user] Experiencing a "flicker" when "show"ing a form ...

Gerry Douglas geraldpdouglas at ...626...
Sat Oct 13 20:00:04 CEST 2012

Hi, I'm a total noob to Gambas, but have a lot of VB6 experience from many
years ago.  I'm loving Gambas so far.

My simple project has 2 forms, FMain and Form1.  Both forms are set to
Fullscreen = True.
On FMain I have a button that shows From1 ... Form1.Show

When I click the button, as Form1 appears it seems to be scaling to fit the
window for a fraction of a second before it stabilizes.  Controls on Form1
appear to be moving across the screen until it stabilizes.  This is a very
short time, but it very distracting.

I've tried setting the size of the form to match my screen resolution.
I've tried "maximized" = true for the form.  Nothing seems to change this
behaviour.  I have not tried this on another computer, so it could be
related to my graphics configuration.

Any advice on what the problem may be?

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (64 bit).