[Gambas-user] gb3 latest revision and 3-3.3.3 segfault

Fri Oct 12 21:01:32 CEST 2012

On 10/11/2012 04:29 AM, Kevin Fishburne wrote:
> On 10/11/2012 03:39 AM, Fabien Bodard wrote:
>> Do a make uninstall after.. Configure
>>
>> Then go to the /usr/local/bin remove all gb*
>>
>> Then go to.. /usr/local/lib remove all related to gambas
>>
>> Then compile and install
>>
>> I will be try to install a vm kubuntu if it not work
>> Le 11 oct. 2012 09:33, "Charlie Reinl" <Karl.Reinl at ...9...> a écrit :
>>
> Thanks Charlie, Fabien and Caveat for your help. I tried some of it and
> it still didn't work, but I'm going to start again tomorrow with a fresh
> mind. I'm pretty confident I can get it working again with the
> information supplied. I'll post the script as soon as I have it working.
> Good night everyone. ;)

Okay, removing the files in those directories and doing a "make
uninstall" didn't work, but I received a different error message, this
time while compiling. I solved the problem by running all compilation
steps with superuser privileges:

# Remove previously-created files.
sudo rm -fr trunk

# Download latest GAMBAS 3 revision.
svn checkout https://gambas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gambas/gambas/trunk/
#svn checkout -r 5051
https://gambas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gambas/gambas/trunk/
#svn checkout
https://gambas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gambas/gambas/branches/3.2

# Compile, install and run.
cd trunk
sudo ./reconf-all
sudo ./configure -C
sudo make
sudo make install
gambas3

Nothing appears in /usr/local/bin or /usr/local/lib this way. Previously
the only line in my script that used sudo was the "make install" line.
Weird, but praise Odin that it at least works now. :)

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues