[Gambas-user] Problem with BLOB with postgresql 9.1

Rolf Schmidt rolf.frogs at ...221...
Thu Oct 11 13:38:48 CEST 2012

Hi,

I try to build a program which saves a lot of binary data in a
postgresql database.
All the data will be written and quoted correctly by the db.update
method of gambas. Of course I can retriev the data, but there is no
function, which decode the qouted data.

So is there a (hidden?) function or another trick to convert the given
hex encoded string to original binary data.

My system is
- Ubuntu 10.04 with Gambas 3.? i.e. Revision 5181.
- Debian wheezy in a virtual machine with postgresql 9.1

BTW: The exmple "PictureDatabase" didn't work either with PostgreSQL 9.1.

Fine regards
Rolf