[Gambas-user] Array slicing - how is it done in Gambas?

Emil Lenngren emil.lenngren at ...626...
Wed Oct 10 22:30:31 CEST 2012

Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no way (yet) to slice an array.

You can do slicing on strings, with Left, Right and Mid. For example:
Dim str1 As String
Dim str2 As String
str1 = "hello there"
str2 = Mid(str1, 2, 4) ' will point to the same string but with the length
4 and offset 2.
Print str2 ' prints ello

but it is not implemented for arrays.
You can create an own class that wraps an array together with an offset and
length if you want to...

/Emil