[Gambas-user] I can't believe this... I can!

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ...247...
Wed Oct 10 02:19:02 CEST 2012

Ah but, mine DOES have unlimited warnings - and I paid... just blood,
sweat and tears. Trouble is I am sloppy. And I am overly confident in
my ability to code without making a single mistake, despite decades of
evidence to the contrary!

If you do it my way you never see the warnings - neat trick, eh? As
mentioned earlier, you have to use the "Compile All" button for the
warnings to be shown. If you do what I always do, just click on the
"Run" button, then you forego the pleasure of previewing your
mistakes.

Besides, the stupid error I made, and arrogantly decided I couldn't
have made, was to forget to delete a local declaration of a variable
which I had decided to make class global. I got two of them and missed
the third. I thought I had got them all because nothing showed up in a
global string search for the variable name. But I had also changed it
to all upper case and I had forgotten that I had made the string
search case sensitive. So it didn't appear in the list. All in all
this was a very unlikely combination of events, but if I hadn't
disregarded the logically obvious I would have found it nevertheless.
Anyway, that kind of stupidity doesn't show up in the warnings.