[Gambas-user] simple web page viewer scrolling problem

PM47 mapp.paul at ...626...
Tue Oct 9 09:18:34 CEST 2012

I've recently started using Gambas 3 and like it a lot (I've used Visual
Basic for many years). So far I've programmed a custom touchscreen Music
Jukebox front end for my home media centre that works great with albums and
internet radio stations. I want to add a simple web page viewer, not a full
blown browser, to show a small number of fixed web pages, e.g. the BBC radio
programme schedule pages, from a row of buttons at the bottom of the screen.
I've used the 'Web Browser' example and stripped it right down to do exactly
what I want, well almost...

In order to prevent the family using the display as a browser I've set the
'tabBrowser.enabled' property to false. This does exactly what I want but
disables everything, including page scrolling, so I've added a couple of
buttons at the bottom of the screen for 'page up' and 'page down'. What has
completely eluded me so far is how to feed the page up and page down
instructions into the 'tabBrowser' to page up and down the displayed web
page when the buttons are pressed. Maybe this is not possible with the
tabBrowser disabled ? Perhaps some-one could enlighten me as to if and how
this may be done please ??

Paul