[Gambas-user] gbr3: no project file in '/usr/local/bin/gambas3'.

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sat Oct 6 13:54:17 CEST 2012

On Sat, 2012-10-06 at 01:22 +0300, Jussi Lahtinen wrote:
> Latest revision doesn't compile.
> But in case you are using another revision (5219 or older), then try
> to recompile gambas3.gambas.
>
> Jussi

Hi Jussi,

Thanks for answering but I think the problem lies elsewhere
I found this online:

-- quote --

However when trying to run Gambas it came back with an error "gbr3: no
project file in usr/bin/gambas3" After some investigation this was found
to be due to Gambas3 looking in the /usr/ directory for its files when
they were actually installed in /usr/local/. I copied all the Gambas
files and directories from /usr/local/ to /usr/ and then everything
worked .
This looks like a path problem but the path environment variable was set
to include both locations.

-- end quote --

This guy had Gambas 3 installed from official repo then removed and then
when installing from svn run into this.

I had Gambas 3 installed from PPA Kendek.
I did:
sudo apt-get remove gambas3
sudo apt-get autoremove
before I started installing Gambas 3.3.2 from download file Gambas
website. I run into the same problem.

In both cases Gambas 3 was installed before through repository and
remove afterwards, before the configure/make/make install process
In both cases this gbr3 error shows up.

Seems that after removing repo install from system, the path of Gambas 3
stays with /usr/ instead of /usr/local/

Is this a bug or bad packaging?
How do I fix this without having to copy /usr/local/ to /usr/ as this
guy above did to fix it?

Willy