[Gambas-user] Group property of controls in IDE

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Fri Nov 30 16:51:14 CET 2012

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012, Willy Raets wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any documentation on how to use the group property for controls
> in IDE?
>
> How do I use this feature?
> Is it possible to make things happen to all controls part to the same
> group at once? That is what I hope it does, but I can't find anything in
> the documentation.
>
> Willy

If the documentation fails, look in the mailing list archive. I remember
several questions about Group.

Anyway, you must know that this cannot be documented in any component
because it is a virtual property existing only in the IDE.

What does it do? It makes all the controls in the same group raise events
with the same name, i.e. a Group of buttons with the group name "mybuttons"
will all raise their Click() event, e.g., as mybuttons_Click().

Where did I read this? In the IDE, you can click on the Group property field
in the properties window. In the default configuration, you should see a
help box explaining all this just below that properties grid.

Regards,
Tobi