[Gambas-user] Wiki documentation batch

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Nov 27 19:55:10 CET 2012

Le 25/11/2012 19:48, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I just finished documenting the finished classes in gb.data on the wiki and
> now want to do my part and translate that into German. I felt documenting
> itself a pain and now the same clicking-around again?
>
> To explain: I clicked on the symbol to document, wrote the text, saved,
> navigated back to the class and then the same procedure for the next symbol.
> This for all classes in the component I classify "finished".
>
> Yesterday I installed the Trinity desktop after almost two years away from
> the X server and I am _really_ not used to "click" and my computer will
> remain running in runlevel 3 except for some rare occasions like using the
> Gambas IDE. BTW: it looks *neat* now!
>
> Is there any "batch functionality" in the wiki in that I can go from one
> (undocumented) symbol straight to the next? There are already "Next" and
> "Previous" links but these don't seem to be related to the symbol hierarchy
> or the TODO list but to the browsing history or suchlike.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

Alas there is no batch functionnality, and I understand your pain. :-)

Sebastian Kulesz started to rewrite the wiki, and I started to implement
a new simplified markup syntax. But everything is pending at the moment...

But in the redo process, one can imagine importing in the wiki the help
comments automatically (provided that they are written in english of
course).

That way, at least components written in Gambas could be first
documented inside the source code.

For the components written in C/C++, we need a tool that extracts the
help comments from the source code and put them in the *.info file the
same way the Gambas compiler does.

Benoît Minisini