[Gambas-user] Debian repository

Sebastian Kulesz sebikul at ...626...
Sun Nov 25 04:02:47 CET 2012

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 11:53 PM, Ian Haywood <ihaywood at ...1979...> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Sebastian Kulesz <sebikul at ...626...>
> wrote:
>

> > Well, don't ask me how, but i managed to compile every component except
> > gb.media and gb.jit. gstreamer and llvm are available that those versions
> > are too old. I had an issue installing gb.image.imlib because of a
> virtual
> > package i had to look online (that prevented me from installing gb.sdl*
> and
> > gb.v4l) but that solved everything worked.
> >
> > I might be able to build a repository by porting the daily builds ppa
> > control files, let debuild detect the dependencies automatically
> (really, i
> > lost track of them) and using reprepro [0] to build the structure.
> > Screenshot attached.
> I'm not sure building a separate repo is really that useful, people
> might as well use the Ubuntu PPA for the appropriate version
> (yes it's not "recommended", neither is using a separate repo)
>
> try downloading the sources for the latest debian version, copy
> it and then change the files in debian/ as required to make it compile,
> then send me the diff.
>
> I can integrate it with some stuff I've already done (I got LLVM 3.1
> working
> so gb.jit does compile), and send on to the debian developers for
> inclusion.
>
> Ian

I've already done multiple builds on a clean chroot using pbuilder, i will
let you know when i have something definitive. They take a lot of time
since i have to build from scratch every time (inside a VM). I'm almost
done with Debian 6, just doing some final builds to confirm.

I don't know how the Debian policy is for including new packages, but i
know Ubuntu won't do it for stable releases. They only sync new packages
while in beta. So, what i was thinking, is of doing a repository (just like
a PPA) but for Debian systems. I can build everything locally and upload it
to my server.

If i have enough time, tomorrow i will publish the definitive binary
packages for Debian 6 so others can test them, and then move to Unstable.