[Gambas-user] gambas installation issue

Rick Thomas isildur at ...626...
Thu Nov 22 01:29:18 CET 2012

Running Ubuntu 12.04 fully updated.

No realizing I already gambas2 installed I tried running sudo apt-get
install  gambas3. It failed and I uninstalled gambas2 via apt-get remove.
Then tried to reinstall gambas3. Got the warning about tableclass or
something. Tried to remove again and reinstall via directions on
http://gambasdoc.org/help/install/ubuntu?v3&view#t2

No dice. I purged everything and even removed anything with gambas in the
name from home directory and /usr Then tried to download via svn and build
via directions in INSTALL. Now when I run gambas3 i get
"ERROR: #2: Cannot load class 'UserControl': Loading has already failed"

I am at the end of my google-fu, about ready to go back to c or c++ for my
main usage. :(

thanks for any advice.