[Gambas-user] The "Shell" Command

John konaexpress at ...178...
Mon Nov 12 17:22:13 CET 2012

Whoowhee!

 Sorry guys, I have been away from the computer for a few days.........

 I tried running the app from the terminal as user and as sudo but it still did not work. Do I need to reinstall Gambas 3.3.3? Let me know and I will if I have too.

 On a side note, I think I will start over with the control center and program it with buttons like you guys suggested. I plan to make the code open souce so I want the code to look clean.

 -John

----- Original Message -----
From: Jussi Lahtinen
Sent: 11/11/12 09:50 AM
To: willy at ...2734...
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] The "Shell" Command

 OK, I managed to find out reason for this package mess. >From IDE I clicked on "About Gambas" to confirm version number of Gambas after installing it from Kendek's PPA. That was mistake! IDE do *not* show version number of IDE which will produce the actual package (dependencies are in IDEs code), instead it will show version number of interpreter! So, I had some old version of IDE left in /usr/local/bin/, which looked like new version with correct version number etc. I thought I removed everything before new installation, but I guess I didn't! I made package (with 3.3.3) from control-center sources, installed it and everything works as expected. John, can you try to run your program from terminal? Just open terminal and write "Control-Center" to it and hit enter. Try to click on the pics and send the result from terminal to here. Jussi