[Gambas-user] The "Shell" Command

Sun Nov 11 18:50:45 CET 2012

OK, I managed to find out reason for this package mess.

>From IDE I clicked on "About Gambas" to confirm version number of Gambas
after installing it from Kendek's PPA.
That was mistake!

IDE do *not* show version number of IDE which will produce the actual
package (dependencies are in IDEs code),
instead it will show version number of interpreter!

So, I had some old version of IDE left in /usr/local/bin/, which looked
like new version with correct version number etc.
I thought I removed everything before new installation, but I guess I
didn't!

I made package (with 3.3.3) from control-center sources, installed it and
everything works as expected.

John, can you try to run your program from terminal?
Just open terminal and write "Control-Center" to it and hit enter.
Try to click on the pics and send the result from terminal to here.

Jussi