[Gambas-user] The "Shell" Command

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Fri Nov 9 22:59:41 CET 2012

On Fri, 2012-11-09 at 15:34 -0500, John wrote:
> Hi and thanks for the help.
>
>  1. I thought that from a usere stand point the the clean look of the text and a picture would look better. from a programming point of view, it is alot more work and this was my first atempt to make a CC. I will think about the button idea, how do you attach a picture to a button anyway?
>
>  2. Doing another project, I learned that it did not need the "&" in it but thought "what the heck, lets try it". It did not correct the problem so I will go back and delete them.
>
>  3. hmm......not sure what to say about this. Did you try and package it for Ubuntu/Mint and then use Gdebi to install/test it? Like I said, it works from the IDE but not after installing it as a .deb file. Maybe I did something wrong in the packaging of it.

Hi John,

I've run your Control Center from IDE on Mint Mate desktop and all the
stuff not requiring LXDE (like software center, gdebi, network and so
on) works fine (I'm on Mate desktop, that why some stuff doesn't work.)

Made a .deb packaged (with Gambas 3.3.3 on Mint Maya with Mate desktop)
and attached it. Next I installed it with gdebi and it works as in the
IDE

and it works fine as well.
Some features did not work on Lubuntu 12.04 - LXDE:
- Desktop Preference
- Prefered Applications
- Disks

Added a screen of Control Center running in a Lubuntu 12.04 VM.

Didn't change any settings for packaging except for the destination
folder of the package, just so you know.
It installs in the System Tools menu.

>  4. Lubuntu 12.10 and Gambas 3.3.3 in a VBox. I run this on a Mac so I have to use VBox.
>
>  Thanks for the help guy, I can really use the input from you guys.

Hope this helps,

>  -John

Willy (with the gb)