[Gambas-user] The "Shell" Command

John konaexpress at ...178...
Thu Nov 8 17:36:06 CET 2012

Hi, need some advise.
 I am making a control center for Orca and I have run into a brick wall. The app runs fine in the IDE and if I make a control-center.gambas file, though it has an annoying box that pops up asking if I want to run it or in a terminal. Reading the Gambas.doc site, it tells me to test it outside the IDE when using the “Shell” command. OK........
 When I package it for Ubuntu/Mint, it will run but not run any of the apps that it is linked to. This is what I have tried so far.
 Shell “obconf”
 Shell “obconf &”
 Shell “obconf & disown”
 Shell “gksu obconf”
 Shell “sudo obconf”
 Not sure what to do now, any help will be much appreciated.
 -John