[Gambas-user] Bugs with conversion functions

Sat Nov 3 19:29:31 CET 2012

> First, a void string has never been a number.

Yes, but, why "Type mismatch: wanted Integer, got String instead"?
"0" is also *string* and it is accepted.

Also booleans are accepted and interpreted as False = 0, True = -1, which
is not the way Boolean algebra works.
But that is OK, because it is the usual way things work in computers.

So I don't think my question was so far fetched.

As CInt() being unabled to understand the "&H..." syntax, I prefer that
> because it avoid many unexpected bugs that usually find with libc
> conversion functions.

OK.

Jussi