[Gambas-user] Suggestion: Packaging preferences in gambas3.config

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Thu May 31 05:38:21 CEST 2012

Hi Benoît,

Attached are three diffs that add a small benefit to those whose package
up a lot of projects.  Basically it adds "default" settings for the
items on the first page of the FMakeInstall wizard.  These are help in
the gambas3.config file.

The changes are:
1) add another tab to the Preferences form to allow the user to
set/change the defaults for packaging info.
2) changes the name of the "Packages" tab to "Source Archives" (ditto
the label on that tab.
3) adds logic to FOptions.class to manage the default values in and out
of Settings
4) adds logic to the FMakeInstall form to look for these defaults in
Settings[FMakeInstall/...]

The benefits are only to those who do package a lot of projects.

Hope you see your way to adopting these.  I wrote them after having to
type in the same info 20 times and retype them after mispelling the
email address every time. (And I hate managing conflicts in trunk.)

regards
Bruce