[Gambas-user] sqlite database inside an executable

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Wed May 30 03:04:39 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 16:19 -0700, Randall Morgan wrote:
> As I understand Sqlite, the database is file based, and the file path can
> be passed to the open/connect method. So what is to keep you from putting
> the db file in the data directory of the application?

That's where it is (and that's why it ends up inside the executable).
But I am talking about the distributed app, i.e. the one that autotools
builds at our clients end.  All that ends up on the user machine
is /usr/(local/)bin/MyApp.gambas not the full project source.

> I'll admit I have not
> used Sqlite in four or five years. I mostly use MySQL and MS SQL. Which are
> server base. But I know that I have seen python apps include the Sqlite db
> file in their package and simply kept it in the application's folder.

Ah yes! But python doesn't use the gambas executable approach.

Thanks for your interest anyway.
Bruce