[Gambas-user] Data Structures like C++

Emil Lenngren emil.lenngren at ...626...
Mon May 21 21:59:02 CEST 2012

Hash tables and arrays are already implemented.

The most important missing ones are Multimaps, Sets, Multisets, Linked
lists, Deques.
It should be quite easy to write c++ wrappers and put them in a component.
For example, a Set can use a std::set<GB_VARIANT_VALUE> internally.

Implementing them in Gambas should work, but would be quite slow. I suggest
writing them as a component gb.datastructures or something.

And yes, Gambas lacks templates, but Variants can be used instead. Not
optimal, but it works.

/Emil