[Gambas-user] Issue 2 in gambas: No native gambas for Windows platforms

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...626...
Sat May 19 17:16:16 CEST 2012

I wonder if it would be possible to code a Windows version of Gambas. Not a
port, but a work-alike interpreter/compiler. Something that Gave the same
basic IDE, the same functionality, but with native windows code. A program
that if fed the same source file would produce the same results though
perhaps not use the same internal methods. I would think that much of the
code could still be reused. A very large part however would have to be
redesigned from the ground up. JAT...

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 5:38 AM, <gambas at ...2524...> wrote:

> Comment #9 on issue 2 by Kokok... at ...626...: No native gambas for Windows
> platforms
> http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=2
>
> I bet Developers at ...2844...@VisualBasic would be embarrassed if Gambas
> would
> be ported to Windows.
> I always try to hide my grin when i see how much memory and time is needed
> to start the simplest VB.net project from the IDE (not counting the
> resources taken by the ide itself!!)
> Sorry, i coudn't resist.

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?