[Gambas-user] Small printing question

Johny Provoost johny.provoost at ...27...
Fri May 18 11:05:29 CEST 2012

Op 18-05-12 00:04, Benoît Minisini schreef:
> Le 17/05/2012 23:47, Johny Provoost a écrit :

>>> It does not work that way anymore.
>>>
>>> You specify the number of pages to print before calling the Print()
>>> method on the printer object.
>>>
>>> If you don't know how many pages you must print, i.e. if you don't
>>> define the Count property before calling Print(), then the Paginate
>>> event will be raised until you define the Count property in it.
>>>
>>> In all cases, you can't print anymore without knowing how many pages you
>>> will print before!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>> thanks for the info.  A small disaster I think.  Hope I can at least
>> printing the other pages with the same coordinate as the first one.   I
>> have to find a way to know how many pages it gonna take (sometimes 2,
>> sometimes 10).  Now it prints all the pages on one page.
>> Strange, print-commands without a newpage.
>> First get some sleep
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Johny
>>
> Why can't you know how many pages to print before starting the printing?
>
> Remember that the user must be able to choose which page(s) to print
> before sending them to the printer, so you can't layout your pages while
> printing anymore.
>
> Regards,

After some sleep I found a way.  It's a list of addresses.  I can count
the records, and I know there can 28 records on one page, so just some
mathematics and that's ok.  Just have to figure out if I got to start
over with my coordinates (as with a new page) or that I that I have to
count further form the top of page 1.

Layout before your printing?  That's a thought to investigate.
I reacted to hard yesterday evening I think (lack of sleep).  There's
alway a way around.

--

*Vriendelijke Groeten*

*Johny Provoost*

*mailto: johny.provoost at ...27... <mailto:johny.provoost at ...27...>*

*mailto: johny.provoost at ...626... <mailto:johny.provoost at ...626...>*

*Website:* *http://www.johnyprovoost.net* <http://www.johnyprovoost.net/>