[Gambas-user] Gambas 3 on CentOS 6.2 does not compile

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Wed May 16 23:43:16 CEST 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 10:50 -0400, nando wrote:
> Full clean CentOS 6.2
> Gambas 3

> Gambas ./configure -C results

> || THESE COMPONENTS ARE DISABLED:
> || - gb.db.sqlite2
> || - gb.gsl
> || - gb.image.imlib
> || - gb.opengl
> || - gb.pdf
> || - gb.sdl
> || - gb.sdl.sound
> || - gb.v4l

> ./make install
>   (disabled components prevents compile ??)
>
> Compiling Video/MyWebCam/...
> gbc: error: Component not found: gb.v4l
> Compiling Video/WebCam/...
> gbc: error: Component not found: gb.v4l
> make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/Downloads/gambas3-3.1.1/examples'
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/Downloads/gambas3-3.1.1/examples'
> Making install in .
> make[1]: Entering directory `/root/Downloads/gambas3-3.1.1'
> make[2]: Entering directory `/root/Downloads/gambas3-3.1.1'

> || Unable to compile gambas3

Nando,

The error is much further up in the make install output.  I am about 3
days ahead of you on CentOS 6.2 and have found many of the missing
libraries and development headers on the DAG repository.  In my case the
relevant bit of info is:

        Making install in app
        make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bb/trunk/app'
        make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bb/trunk/app'
        Installing the development environment...
        Compiling gambas3...
        gbc: error: Component not found: gb.qt4.webkit  <<<=====!!!!
        Compiling gbs3...
        OK
        Installing gbs3...
        Installing the scripter...
        Registering Gambas script mimetype
        Registering Gambas server page mimetype
        make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
        make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bb/trunk/app'
        make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bb/trunk/app'

and yes I get the "|| Unable to compile gambas3" at the end too.

You should be able to see in the make install output a similar error
line. (Which very easily highlights which component is missing!)

This is why the full output text of the build is frequently asked for.
e.g. 		make install>output.txt 2>&1

hth
Bruce

p.s.  Benoit, What is interesting is that the configure for gb.qt4 did
fail for the webkit component, but this was not noted in the final
output summary!