[Gambas-user] Installation on Debian question

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sat May 12 04:45:26 CEST 2012

On za, 2012-05-12 at 03:40 +0200, Willy Raets wrote:
> After some searching the internet if found this in a post for Gambas3 on
> Debian:
>
> sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf libbz2-dev libfbclient2
> libmysqlclient-dev unixodbc-dev libpq-dev libsqlite0-dev libsqlite3-dev
> libgtk2.0-dev libldap2-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libgtkglext1-dev
> libpcre3-dev libsdl-sound1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev
> libsage-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libbonobo2-dev libcos4-dev
> libomniorb4-dev librsvg2-dev libpoppler-dev libpoppler-glib-dev
> libasound2-dev libesd0-dev libdirectfb-dev libaa1-dev libxtst-dev
> libffi-dev kdelibs4-dev firebird2.1-dev libqt4-dev libglew1.5-dev
> libimlib2-dev libv4l-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libgnome-keyring-dev
>
> After doing ./reconf-all and then ./configure - C it tells me component
> gb.gsl is disabled. Did I miss a package that needs to be installed?
>
> Attached output.txt (from ./configure -C > output.txt)
>
> Debian 6.0.4 - Gnome 2.30.2
> Gambas not yet installed

I managed to figure out the missing package, so here is an update:

Tested with Gambas 3.1.1 download package from Gambas website
Tested on:
Linux kernel: 2.6.32-5-686
Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.4 (squeeze)
Desktop: Gnome 2.30.2

First install these packages (this information is missing on Gambas
website and documentation -> only instructions for Gambas2):

sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf libbz2-dev libfbclient2
libmysqlclient-dev unixodbc-dev libpq-dev libsqlite0-dev libsqlite3-dev
libgtk2.0-dev libldap2-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libgtkglext1-dev
libpcre3-dev libsdl-sound1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev
libsage-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libbonobo2-dev libcos4-dev
libomniorb4-dev librsvg2-dev libpoppler-dev libpoppler-glib-dev
libasound2-dev libesd0-dev libdirectfb-dev libaa1-dev libxtst-dev
libffi-dev kdelibs4-dev firebird2.1-dev libqt4-dev libglew1.5-dev
libimlib2-dev libv4l-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libgnome-keyring-dev
libgsl0-dev

Then do the usual instructions as given on Gambas website (Installation
& Compilation):

./reconf-all
./configure -C
make
sudo make install

Everything installed great, no components missing.
Hope this can help others with the same problem.

Willy