[Gambas-user] Distributing Libraries etc

Bruce Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Fri May 4 15:24:04 CEST 2012

Dear all,

In the spirit of the game, here is a simple little item that I hope
people distributing gambas3 apps and libraries and components may find
useful.  It's a little piece of code that provides a "System
Informations" screen like the one in the IDE.

It does go one bit further though and reports the versions of your
distributed libraries.  I hope that will be the "value added" bit.

(By the way, the code was "shamelessly" hacked from the IDE code. :-) )

Attached are two files:
1) "SA_sysinfos-0.0.2.tar.gz" is the normal gambas source archive.
2) "sysinfos-0.0.2.tar.gz" is the autotools package created through the
IDE.

Why? Because you can either unpack the "SA" one and use the code
directly in your projects as a contained form or, perhaps you could
distribute the autotools version and link into it from your distributed
apps .

Caveat - see my latest post in the "Re: [Gambas-user] About library and
component packaging in Gambas 3" thread regardig uninstalls.

Anyway, hope you like it.
Bruce