[Gambas-user] About library and component packaging in Gambas 3

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...2345...
Tue May 1 12:53:22 CEST 2012

Am Dienstag, den 01.05.2012, 12:22 +0200 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> Le 29/04/2012 06:45, Bruce Bruen a écrit :
> >
> > SUGGESTION: Libraries should not need to have a startup class.  At
> > the moment I "must" include a dummy module to prevent any
> > test-harness code leaking into the user environment (which could
> > cause damage if the library were to be run as a normal gambas
> > executable.)  At the moment the IDE will not let a library be made
> > into an executable or packaged unless it has a startup class.  It
> > would be preferable that projects defined as libraries would not
> > execute via the runtime, that way test harness code could be left in
> > place.  Currently I have to check that the coders have left the
> > startup class pointing to the following:-
> >
> > ' Gambas module file
> >
> > ' Null module to provide a fake startup point
> >
> > Public Sub Main()
> >
> > Error "Please do not run this as a program. It is a gambas library."
> >
> > End
> >

> Mmm. You are right, for libraries the IDE should let you not defined a
> startup class. I will see what I can do.

Salut,

I didn't follow your discussion, but I use since years exactly that .
My programs are both libraries and standalone executables.
So I can chain them !

1.) My 'crm', calls a 'switch', which calls the 'report tool', which is
calling the 'report viewer'

2.) My 'crm', calls a 'switch', which is calling the 'report viewer'

3.) My 'switch',  calls the 'report tool', which is calling the 'report
viewer'

4.) My 'switch', calls the 'report viewer'

5.) My 'report tool', calls the 'report viewer'

6.) Start just the 'report viewer'

Please don't break that!
--
Amicalement